What we do
DCD is a local boutique building company owned and operated by Dennis Dowling. We are a dedicated team of experienced Queenstown builders and craftsmen who love what we do and where we live.
This passion is shown in our attention to detail and the quality of our work. We use tried and tested products, proven suppliers and experienced tradesmen. We understand that Queenstown is unique in that homes need to be built to take into account the incredible views and available sunshine on sites that often include steep terrain.
We know what it’s like to live and work in a region that puts on scorching hot summers followed by icy cold winters, so we can help you build a home that is functional, aesthetically appealing and will achieve high performance standards throughout the seasons. We are passionate about helping you with every step of your building journey.
About Dennis Dowling – Owner of DCD
• Working in remote international locations constructing everything from roads, drainage systems and fresh water wells to nursing homes and schools.
• Overseeing the completion of more than $200M of remedial, seismic retrofit and new build works internationally, including multi-unit residential apartments, hospitals, retail centres and high-rise office buildings.
• Overseeing the completion of more than $35M of remedial and seismic retrofit work in New Zealand, often in fully or partially occupied buildings while capital works projects were carried out.
• Assisting the Ministry of Education in reviewing their construction standards.
• Providing advice to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
• Speaking at industry professional body forums and maintaining strong ties with experts across the construction industry.
• Lecturing at Unitec.
With valuable experience across a variety of commercial, residential and remedial builds, it is Dennis’ passion for building beautiful homes that motivated him to relocate to the stunning backdrop that is Central Otago.